Focusing on You
This is my lovely, colourful, and all-encompassing “Empower Yourself – a Personal Leadership” model.
Okay, I’m a bit biased, but don’t you think it incorporates some much-needed focus on key elements that we as individuals need to, and can develop?
It’s an amalgamation of the core areas I’ve helped my clients to develop over the past ten years. The beauty about each of these development areas is that they are within our control to change and improve.
The reason I call it the “Empower Yourself” model is because I have the tools and techniques to facilitate and guide your development, but only you can decide how and when to act in your own best interest.
~ the process of becoming stronger and more confident, especially in controlling one’s life and claiming one’s rights
Whilst to some people the word ’empowerment’ is a bit cheesy, for me, the word incorporates the energising affect of acting in your own best interest. Something, ironically, most of us tend to avoid.
Instead of being defeated by self-sabotaging behaviours (like procrastination, eating rubbish food, or saying ‘yes, I can do that for you’ when you really want to the person to ‘stick it’), you instead take tiny steps in the right direction, and before you know it, you’re on that virtuous circle that fosters a sense of enormous well-being.
What happens then?
Now that you’re on a virtuous circle, you can …
- give yourself permission to accept and like who you are
- recognise the value you bring to your relationships and working life
- replace ‘lack / not enough’ attitude with one of humble gratitude
- become so much more productive
- make plans where once you just had dreams
- approach challenges instead of avoiding them
- re-set your personal boundaries to protect yourself from toxic relationships
- manage your stress levels (you no longer wake up fretting at 4am)
- build on your character strengths and know what you’re worth
- live aligned to your personal values to enjoy having a more meaningful life
Get over yourself
I mean that in the kindest, gentlest sense, because seriously, what are you waiting for?
No one is going to rescue you.
No one cares about you as much as you (should) care about you.
No one is going to magically replace your annoying, upsetting critical parents with compassionate ones.
No one is going to clear that room of junk for you.
No one is going to tell your boss ‘by the way, you should give her a promotion’
And when you’re ready…
Come find me. I’d be happy to help you move from wherever you are now to feeling better about yourself.
I know that you deserve it.