Own Your Space
I choose to work with women because the world needs more of us to step up confidently, own our space, and role model self-belief for the next generation.
No matter how senior or technically brilliant you are, evidence shows that you probably feel under-confident in some areas of your work or life.
Imagine having an amazingly successful career, but never feeling able to enjoy it. Imagine not achieving the career of your dreams at all. How sad! Self-doubt and worrying about what other people think about us is, unfortunately, normal; but please don’t let it get in your way.
No-one can actually physically or psychologically ’empower’ you. But I can help you to Empower Yourself to step outside your Comfort Zone and have the career, lifestyle and relationships you deserve.
One of the reasons why it’s hard to step outside of our so-called “comfort zone” is because it’s not actually a comfortable place to be… the negative self-talk judges everything you do and say unfavourably, you worry about what others think of you, you worry about how you look, you hate yourself for saying yes too often, you get frustrated with yourself for not being perfect or super-woman etc., etc.
Which is why my programme content, format and style of delivery makes it as easy as possible for you to discover your true self, decide your next steps, and act in your own best interest.
Would you like to…
- Stop saying yes when you mean no
- Step up confidently for your next promotion
- Set clearer boundaries with other people
- Physically and emotionally, own your space
Is your Organisation Missing Out?
The most successful leaders feel empowered to take action and positively engage with others. While many women are stepping up into leadership roles, others, who are just as capable, are being left behind.
Would you like more women to take the lead?
- Profitable organisations have more women in middle/senior management
- CIPD advocates increasing the number of women in senior roles
- Many women want to step up into senior roles but lack self- belief
- Senior women act as role models for other women – so if you don’t have women in your senior team, who is going to inspire other women to step up?
- Women are more likely than men to lack self-confidence. Regardless of how experienced or competent you are, if your self-critical thoughts and self-limiting beliefs get in your way, you cannot perform to your best ability.
Empower Yourself Toolkit
Providing practical and useful techniques to help women become confident leaders, of themselves and others. To enable them to feel ready to step up when she wants to, or when your organisation needs her to.
- Managing negative self-talk that holds you back
- Applying your personal values at work
- Discovering how to build on your strengths at work
- Establishing boundaries and becoming more assertive
- Building your resilience to stress
- Using body language and physical space to enhance your personal impact
I draw on my ten years’ experience as a business psychologist working with senior leaders; research from neuroscience, Mindful Based Stress Reduction, Emotional Intelligence, Positive Psychology, Mindful Self-Compassion; and I include performing arts techniques.
There’s nothing worse than ‘death-by-PowerPoint’ so every workshop I design is interactive, with a blend of theory, open discussion, personal reflection, action planning, and usually incorporating elements from my training in the performing arts. The content is packed with useful techniques that can immediately be put into practice in the workplace.
- Bespoke programmes: tailored to your specific needs
- Coaching calls before the programme: to identify delegates’ challenges
- 360 Feedback for delegates: to give them a detailed appraisal of their performance at work
- Setting up in-house Coaching Circles: to enable delegates to continue on-going support for each other, and to bring together employees from different parts of the organisation
- Online Follow-Up: to encourage delegates to embed new helpful behaviours and prevent ‘relapse’ into bad habits
- 90 minute Lunch & Learn workshop [30 max]
- Half-day or 1 Day Small Group workshop [15 max]
- 3.5 Day Women’s Leadership Development programme [12 max]
- One-off workshops on a specific theme
- Regular programme of workshops to complement your current in-house L&D offering
Costs for the programmes vary, depending on the design requirements and length of delivery.
I work closely with my clients to ensure that each programme has maximum impact for the intended audience. If you’d like to talk about how I can help you, email me at email@example.com or click the green button below to book a 30 minute discovery call.
Jess Baker is a Chartered Psychologist, Women’s Leadership Coach, and Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society.
She works across a range of industries designing and delivering leadership development programmes for large corporate clients, and wants to help empower a much wider audience of women ready to step into their light.
Jess is a passionate coach, and an engaging facilitator. She is interviewed on BBC Radio, writes forHR and women’s magazines, has trained in stand-up comedy, and enjoys speaking at business and wellbeing events across the UK.
She is also a Trustee of BelEve UK, helping to empower girls aged 8-18 through leadership programmes in schools and communities.